Repeal – the basics, the complexities, the ramifications for people
Want to get a sense of what essential benefits standards repeal would mean? Here’s a quite readable brief from The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a very credible group providing public health relevant policy analysis.
Another take on essential benefits, from a newish popular press site, Vox.com
An analysis comparing the AHCA and ACA, from a new-to-me nonpartisan policy research organization.
Other Readings and Resources
The Basics and the Our Shared History – the parts most of us could be supported to understand, and may WANT To understand
How we’ve “always” (at least in our national recent memory) shared the cost burdens of health care:
Current and recent info on how the law works, the numbers, etc:
- The Kaiser Health News Consumer Guide
- Kaiser Health News info on enrollment
- The Simple Dollar’s take on the facts vs. fiction
- Medicaid Expansion – maps and effects
Am I paying for everyone? and everything they want? Is it unconstitutional? and other sticky stuff – such as thinking all “those people” believe the same thing, and I’ll for sure disagree…. See a problem with that? I do! Check out this surprising perspective. Oh, and those other sticky parts I mentioned above:
- The National Immigration Law Center
- The healthcare.gov info on coverage for immigrants
- A summary of the Supreme Court decision
- Abortion coverage?
A Deeper Dive – for those wanting the details, ALL the details… These are long documents. Enter at your own risk. (For these you’ll even have to click again once you click on the link: Kind of the consumer health course version of a child-proof cap.)
- Warning – Policy making is like sausage making. No lie.
- Were you born to be a tax accountant? Read this!