Hi all – I was just alerted by one of you that it may not have been obvious when the Photovoice guidelines were posted.
If you have NOT yet seen those, please DO review them here right away. The general gist:
- Photovoice/digital storytelling helps people use images to discuss societal problems.
- You decide on an consumer health issue area of interest to you, and take 3 to 5 photos (OR shoot a short video) that help you answer two questions from the following list:
- How healthy IS it?”
- “What choice/s do I have?”
- “Do I really know what I need to to make a healthy choice?”
- “Why is it so difficult to be healthy/easy to be unhealthy?”
- “What’s depletion got to do with it?”
- “TMI but not the right kind or layout to help me make a good decision?”
- “Who has the upper hand and how?”
- “Who’s selling me what?”
- “What’s the typical discourse (what “most people” say?) about this & similar products/services?”
- By Wednesday (July 19) I would like a brief post (with appropriate tags and category) telling me what direction you’re going in (topic/issue area and your chosen questions)
- By Friday July 28*, please post a post with
- 1) your photos or video (either by ppt file or simply as photos inserted in your post) and
- 2) two brief narratives, each 250 to 500 words, the first
- discussing how your photos or video help you think about and answer the questions you chose, and the second
- discussing the experience of taking the photos or video.
- For more details, again, visit the guidelines, bottom of Guidelines and Deadlines page, here